A chiropractic adjustment can make you feel so much better. Your body does not want to be out of alignment, and that’s exactly what an adjustment can help address. It is also known as chiropractic manipulation, manual manipulation, or spinal manipulation. The adjustment refers to the manipulation of the vertebrae that have abnormal movements and are not functioning properly. A chiropractic adjustment will assist in fixing these issues.
The goal of chiropractic treatment is to reduce the subluxation, increase the range of motion, reduce nerve irritability, and improve mobility. Our compassionate and qualified chiropractor will work with you to relieve this pain and get you back to being pain free every single day.
Although many people visit their chiropractor and have an adjustment when something feels out of alignment, a regular visit will help you avoid any pain in the future and will keep your body feeling great all day long.
If you are having one of those days when you are not in the best mood, an adjustment may actually help. Your body will feel much better, which will naturally improve your mood.
Here at Porter and Clark Chiropractic we want to help you on your journey towards health and wellness. Our goal is to help you achieve total health and balance with your body. In order to achieve that goal, we are here to offer specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to help you maintain a healthy weight.
Massage therapy is the manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being. There are many types of massage therapy methods (also called modalities). People seek massage therapy for a variety of reasons; for example, to reduce stress and anxiety, to relax muscles, to rehabilitate injuries, to reduce pain and to promote overall health and wellness.
Benefits of Massage…
- General relaxation
- Improved circulation
- Muscle relaxation
- Alleviation of certain types of chronic muscle pain
- Improvement in cellular nutrition
- Relief from negative side effects of stress
- Aid with the recovery of muscle from strenuous work and exercise
- Reduction in anxiety
how it affects your adjustment…
- Increases the effectiveness of chiropractic treatments
- Aids in preparing the body for chiropractic adjustments
- Helps prevent injury to soft tissue due to overly tight muscles
- Effective treatment for repetitive movement injuries
- Increases the effectiveness of any physical fitness regimen
- Increases flexibility
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) is a new approach to pain management that uses magnets to create pulsing, moving energy, that could change the way your body copes with pain. PEMF therapy is PDA-approved to fuse bones and has been cleared in certain devices to reduce swelling and joint pain.
Some common uses of PEMF are for:
- Pain Relief
- Sports Injuries
We are only as healthy as our cells, so it is important to get active, regular tune-ups to help slow aging and reduce the risk of cell dysfunction, which can lead to disease. PEMF, can be done daily in only minutes. When symptoms are present or there is a know condition, PEMF treatment plans can be used either alone or along with other therapies and can often help cells re-balance dysfunction faster.
PEMF treatments work to:
- Reduce pain, inflammation, the effects of stress on the body, and platelet adhesion.
- Improve energy, circulation, blood and tissue oxygenation, sleep quality, blood pressure and cholesterol levels, the uptake of nutrients, cellular detoxification and the ability to regenerate cells.
- Balance the immune system and stimulate RNA and DNA.
- Accelerate repair of bone and soft tissue.
- Relax muscles.